How to Install
Shepherd’s Staff 2017
If you are currently using Shepherd's Staff 2016, you can automatically update to Shepherd's Staff 2017 with the following steps:
- Make two new backups from your current church database.
- Exit Shepherd's Staff and close all other programs.
- Place the Shepherd's Staff 2017 CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive. The Setup program should start automatically. (If it does not, use Windows® Explorer to read the CD-ROM, and double-click on the SETUP.EXE file.)
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Multi-Purpose Check-In Installation
- Place the Shepherd's Staff 2017 CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive.
- Use Windows® Explorer to read the CD-ROM.
- Open the “SS-CheckIn” folder and double-click on the SETUP.EXE file. Follow the prompts on the screen.
If you are installing the Shepherd's Staff 2017: Small Church Edition with Finance,
you will be asked to uninstall the current version of Shepherd's Staff before proceeding with the above process.
If you are updating from Shepherd's Staff 2010 or 2012,
you should uninstall that previous version after you have installed Shepherd’s Staff 2017.
Note: This installation process updates your database's internal structure. This means after installing Shepherd's Staff, your database can no longer be read using an older version of Shepherd's Staff.
To update from earlier versions, please contact Software Support at 1.800.346.6120.