What is a theme?
A theme provides the overall layout of your website. Church360° Unite provides users with eight different themes, each with unique features:
- Earthtones—A balance of font styles together with textured backgrounds and rough cut edges gives this theme an earthy look and feel.
- Heritage—The use of white space together with the absence of boundaries gives the Heritage theme a traditional and fluid look and feel.
- Minimal—This theme features bold typography and well-paced text lines. Site navigation can be horizontal or vertical.
- Modern—This theme employs a customizable background image and various font weights to create a strong contrast.
- Ribbon—This supports a custom banner image and gives a lot of control over typefaces and colors.
- Swatch—This theme employs a bold color statement and tonal accents together with condensed font styles.
- Urban—This theme uses a sans serif font and incorporates flexible design and color schemes.
- Vertical—With an asymmetrical design and stacked navigation, this theme has a dynamic look and feel.
What is a preset?
When you go to Themes > Customize, the first option you’ll see is “Preset.” Presets are predefined combinations of colors and fonts. Each theme contains a collection of presets to give you a variety of color options from the beginning.
Note: you don’t have to utilize a preset; you can select your own color and fonts.
Why might I change a present?
There are a variety of reasons why you might change a preset. You may want to change it four times a year with each new season, you may change it for special events in the Church Year, or you may have a special event or sermon series that you want to highlight. It is good, however, to not change the colors too often, or if you do, have one preset that you always go back to as your default preset.
If you would like to receive automatic blog updates in the future, please subscribe to our Church360ºUnite product blog. You can choose to receive updates on an instant, weekly, or monthly basis.