Include Staff Photos
Visiting a church for the first time is more uncomfortable when you don’t know anyone who attends. Include up-to-date pictures of the church staff on your site to give potential visitors a friendly face to look for.
If the staff at your church is concerned about pictures being used as attention-getters, remind them that the goal of a website is to gain attention—in a good way!
Add a Favicon to Your Website
Some of your favorite websites may have special icons next to their entry in the bookmark section of your browser, called a favicon. Adding a favicon to your church’s website is simple!
- Find an image of your church’s logo or another image that represents your church. Make sure the image is in a GIF, PNG, or JPG file format.
- Use a site such as http://favicon-generator.org to generate the image in an ICO file format.
- In Church360° Unite, go to Themes > Advanced and add the file to the Image folder in the “Resources” section.
- Click on the default.theme file and add this code right below the line that reads }:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://demo.360unite.com/themes/ribbon/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"><link rel="icon" href="http://demo.360unite.com/themes/ribbon/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
- Update the image URL with your subdomain and the appropriate theme name. If you need any help doing this, feel free to contact our software support technicians at (800) 346-6120.
If you would like to receive automatic blog updates in the future, please subscribe to our Church360ºUnite product blog. You can choose to receive updates on an instant, weekly, or monthly basis.