In Church360° Unite, you can create private pages called Groups, which allow members of your site to interact with each other in online discussions. Within Groups, leaders can post documents, photos, or comments or create events that can only be seen by members who have been given access to the Group.
Adding a Group
Here’s how to add a Group:
- Log in as an Administrator or Designer.
- Click on “Pages” in the top menu bar.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner to add a page. This icon looks like a single webpage with a plus sign.
- Choose the Group page (this page has icons of three people), then click “Create Page”.
- Enter in the name of your Group, then press the Enter key to save the Group name.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page to save the new Group page.
Once you have created the new Group, you have two options. The first option is to place the Group on the Available Menu Items side of the “Pages” view. This will create a link in the navigation that allows users to access the Group. The second option is to go to the home page for your Groups, click “Edit this Group”, enter the information in the editor view, and click “Add Page”. This allows you to create a link to the Group page while leaving it out of the Available Menu Items section.
Editing a Group
On the “Edit this Group” page, you can edit your Group’s name, description, Group pages, and visibility and who can join, and you can delete the Group. To make changes, navigate to your Group’s page and click the “Edit this Group” link on the right side of the page. Make any changes you desire, then click “Update Group” when you are done.
Adding a Group Link
If you want to put a link to your Group page on another page of your website, you can insert a link to the Group page without hyperlinking text.
- Go to the page where you want to add your Group link.
- Click on “Edit Page”.
- Click in the text box and place the cursor where you want to insert the link.
- Click the “Add Group” icon in the utility bar. This icon looks like a person with two others behind.
- Select the Group and Size.
- Click “OK” when finished.
- Click “Save” to finalize your changes.
For Group sizes, selecting “Small” will show only the Group name. “Medium” will show the Group name and the description. “Large” will show the Group name, the description, and the leader(s).