- Click "New Transaction" and select "Check."
- Enter the Memo of the check. This is optional but is highly recommended for reference purposes.
- Choose the date of the check. This should be the date that you print the check.
- Select your payee. If this is a new payee, type their name and the payee will be created. You can add contact details later.
- Enter your check number. This is optional as well. If you don’t know the check number, leave it blank and it will be auto-generated for you at the time of printing.
- Choose your asset account. The list will only show any Asset accounts that have been selected as checking accounts.
- Enter your amount. This is should be the total dollar amount that is leaving the checking account.
- Select your offset account(s). This is where you wish to track the amount. It can be split over more than one Expense if you wish.
- Click "Save & Print" or "Save." If you wish to print your check right now, select "Save & Print." To print your checks in a batch, choose "Save."
- If you selected "Save," the check will be submitted to the Print Queue. The Print Queue can be accessed by clicking on the printer icon in the top right.
- When you view the print queue, you will see a list of all checks that are waiting to be printed.
- Click the checkbox to the left of all the checks you would like to print.
- Click "Print Selected."
- If you have any checks selected that do not have check numbers, it will ask you for those numbers at that time.
- You will then see the print preview screen.
- If you selected "Save & Print," you will be taken directly to the Print Preview screen. If you did not enter a check number, it will ask you for that number.
- In the preview, you will see that the check portion is in either the top section or the middle section.
- Make sure this matches the paper check on which you will print.
- To change which section the check prints, go to Settings --> General.
- Click the "Print" button in the top center to open your browsers print window.
- Select the appropriate print and click Print.
If you would like to receive automatic updates about Church360° Ledger, please subscribe to our product blog. You can choose to receive updates on an instant, weekly, or monthly basis.