When managing church finances, it’s important to regularly reconcile your asset accounts with the statements you receive from your financial institutions. Church360° Ledger makes it easy to do that with its simple reconciliation process.
Reconciling an Asset Account
Here is how to reconcile an asset account in Church360° Ledger:
- On the home page, click the “Assets” mini graph.
- Continue to click through the Assets (mini graph icon) until you reach the account you want to reconcile (for example, your checking account).
- Use the date picker to select the date range.
- Click the “Reconcile” button.
- In the pop-up window, enter your starting balance and ending balance. These numbers will match the amounts shown on your statement.
- Next, go through your transactions and mark the transaction(s) that show up on your bank statement.
- Once you have all of the transactions from your bank statement selected, verify that the difference is $0.00 and click the “Save” button to reconcile the account. You will only be able to click “Save” if “OFF BY” is at $0.00.
To print a Reconciliation report, navigate to “Reports” on the navigation bar, and select “Event Log”. Scroll through the Event Log and find the Reconciliation entry, and click on the message (which is a link). You can print the report from there.
Note: Once you save the reconciliation, you will no longer be able to edit the transaction. If you notice that you are missing a transaction and need to add it in, you will be able to save your work in progress to enter the missing account then go back into the reconciliation to continue the process.