Previously, there were four options for Status: Member, Non-Member, Inactive, and Visitor. In reviewing these options and listening to customer feedback, we determined that having four options was both excessive and confusing.
We have removed the option to have Inactive and Visitor statuses. This has affected your people information in this way:
- Any person who had the status of Inactive has now been changed to a Member and received a tag of Inactive
- Any person who had the status of Visitor has been changed to a Non-Member and received a tag of Visitor
- Any Smart Group that referred to people with the status of Inactive will now refer to people with the tag of Inactive
- Any Smart Group that referred to people with the status of Visitor will now refer to people with the tag of Visitor
- Any initial status or status change of Inactive and Visitor has been cleaned up and replaced with Member and Non-Member respectively
While the terms Visitor and Inactive will be default tags, this change will allow you to change those terms to whatever terms your church prefers to use, such as Prospect or Delinquent.
We have also added Tags as an option to the New Person screen so that you can still identify visitors at the time of entry. To save you time, we have also removed the default title of Mr. and removed the required fields of Sex and Ethnic Group.
We hope this change will provide you with greater flexibility in tracking the membership statuses of your congregation.
To receive product updates on a regular basis, please subscribe to our blog! You can choose to receive updates on an instant, weekly, or monthly basis.