You can create a custom field named “Elders”, add it to Household profiles, and use that field to select which elder has been assigned to each family. Here is how to do it.
What Are Custom Fields?
Custom fields are new categories you create to record information about your church’s members. You can add up to eight custom fields to Person records and eight to Household records. In the People view, you can see your custom fields by clicking on “Columns” in the upper right corner.
You can create a unique name for each custom field and choose who the custom field will be visible to based on users’ roles. You can also select what type of field it is. Three types of custom fields are available: Text, Date, and List. Text fields have a capacity of 255 characters.
How Do I Assign an Elder to a Family Using Custom Fields?
To assign an elder on a Household record, we will start by adding Elders as a custom field:
- In the top navigation, click on the Settings icon and choose “General Settings”.
- Under Household Custom Fields, click “Add Field”.
- In the Name field, type “Elders”.
- Under Type, select “List”.
- List the names of your church’s elders in the Options field.
- Use the “Visible to” setting to choose who can see the field.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
- In the top navigation, select “People” and choose the Households view.
- Search for a family you want to assign an elder to and click on their name to open their profile.
- On the far right side of the screen, click on the custom field “Enter Elders”.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the family’s elder. The page will auto-save.