The Shepherd’s Staff 2017 Feature Pack 2 is now available! We’re introducing a new streamlined process for software updates, as well as several additional improvements. Download the feature pack to take advantage of all the updates listed below.
Software Updates and Upgrades
- Feature Pack 2 includes a new streamlined software update process. When you check for updates and a feature or service pack is available, Shepherd’s Staff will automatically download the updates. You no longer have to go to the CTS website to get these; keeping your Shepherd’s Staff software up to date has never been easier!
- You can also now download annual releases of Shepherd’s Staff. As soon as version 2018 is available, supported customers will be able to immediately download the upgrade; no more waiting for a CD in the mail!
- The Anniversaries report has a new option for Current Members, which allows you to filter out all removed and inactive people without having to build a subgroup.
- The Church Directory export (used for sending information to photo directory companies) now includes a column for Ministry Group.
- Church Register, Funerals:
- The grid now displays a person’s date of death, so you don’t have to go into the record to see that information.
- When adding a funeral, the date of death now automatically fills with the date the person was removed from church membership (as recorded on the individual’s Person Record).
- Church Roster/rotary cards: Those who use Avery 5385-style sheet-fed rotary cards can now print the cell phone number instead of the work number on the card.
- Dashboard: The statistics for Total Members, Total Baptized Members, Members Received, and Members now have a drill-down button allowing you to see who comprises each category.
- Parents Of report: The child’s birthdate has been added to the report.
- Visits by Household/Person report: Visits can now be printed by date.
- Statements: You can choose to not include the year-to-date total.
- Accounts Receivable:
- You can filter the AR account list to only display active accounts.
- You can copy an AR payment to save time entering similar payments.
- AR statements have a new “No payments since” filter, letting you send statements to only those who have not yet paid their tuition.
- Journal Entries: When adding a journal entry using the Add Again button, the date no longer resets to the current date, simplifying the process for entering multiple Journal Entries for the same date.
- If you receive a message that someone is in Shepherd’s Staff when you attempt to back up, restore, or optimize the database or upgrade to a new version, the program now provides a list of users who may still be using the program.