Shepherd’s Staff 2018 is here! We’re introducing the option to store a backup of your database on CTS’s secure servers, plus several additional improvements. See the complete list of new features below.
- Secure Backups: Supported customers can send a backup of their database to CTS.
- Help Options: Help button on the Main Menu links to seminars, webinars, and manuals. Press F1 to automatically open a help page related to the window on your screen.
- Webinar Access: Supported customers can watch training webinars within Shepherd’s Staff.
- Activity/Skill/Training Mass Update: This feature has been completely redesigned to make it easier to update the entire list of individuals for an activity, skill, or training.
- Combine Info for Two People: New utility that combines all Person information, including visits, significant deaths, activity/skill/training records, and personal notes. (Does not combine contributions.)
- Statements: Canadian format has two terminology changes: “Printed on” now reads “Date receipt issued”, and “Signature” now reads “Authorized signature”.
- Save As: This feature has been added back in to allow you to copy Dynamic subgroups.
- Combined Subgroups: These subgroups can be copied.
- Add/Edit Windows: These windows for Dynamic, Static, and Combined subgroups are now in .NET format.
- Dynamic Subgroups: The logical OR feature has been replaced with a checked listbox.
- Static Subgroups:
- You can now filter the people in the “Not in the subgroup” column by Current Members, Non-members, Male, or Female.
- The “Category” drop list now allows you to easily add and remove items.
- Instead of a red asterisk indicating when data has been changed, an icon now appears on the Save button if a change has been made.
- Error Solutions: New feature tells you if a problem you reported has been addressed in a feature pack or new software release.